There are many natural methods for ridding your pet of fleas without using harsh chemicals or relying on commercial flea-control products. Here are some natural methods to get rid of fleas:
1. Vacuum regularly: Vacuuming at least once a week can help remove flea eggs from carpets and furniture, reducing the number of fleas in your home.
2. Essential oils: Tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil and lemon juice have been used as home remedies to get rid of fleas naturally. Simply add several drops to your pet’s shampoo when bathing them or place a few drops on a bandana and put around their neck.
3. Herbs: Certain herbs can be used to repel fleas and make them flee from pets’ fur. Rosemary and lavender work best because they have strong odors that deter the pests. To use herbs as an all-natural method for flea control, mix the fresh herbs with water and give your pet a bath with this solution before drying them off with a towel.
4. Salt: Sprinkling salt on upholstered furniture and carpets eliminates fleas by drawing out their moisture so they die quickly. However, salt should not be used on hardwood floors as it can cause damage if left in direct contact with the wood too long.
5. Apple cider vinegar: Adding apple cider vinegar to your pet’s drinking water helps keep their skin acidic which seresto flea and tick collar makes it harder for fleas to live in its fur or skin due to the extreme environment created by the vinegar’s acidity levels,. You can also spray diluted apple cider vinegar directly onto furniture or carpets where you think there might be infestations developing
Vacuuming frequently is one of the most effective and natural ways to get rid of fleas. When you vacuum, make sure that you’re focusing on carpets, rugs, upholstered furniture, drapes and other areas where fleas may hide or have laid eggs. You’ll also want to focus on the floors around the walls and baseboards as these are prime breeding grounds for fleas since they don’t move much.
The extremely high suction force from a powerful vacuum cleaner will suck up adult fleas and their eggs upon contact. After vacuuming, it is recommended to remove the contents of your vacuum cleaner into an outdoor trash can right away to prevent any remaining fleas from escaping back into your home. Vacuuming not only reduces existing infestations but also drastically reduces future infestations when done routinely.
Provide Natural Repellents for Your Pets
One of the most natural ways to keep your pets free from fleas is to provide them with natural flea repellents. One of the best ways to do this is to make your own natural flea repellent powder out of ingredients that can be found in most kitchens. Here’s how:
Mix together equal parts garlic powder, diatomaceous earth and dried neem leaves, and sprinkle it on your pet’s fur. The garlic will help repel the fleas, while the diatomaceous earth and neem leaves will kill them off once they come into contact with them.
For added protection, you can also add a few drops of an essential oil like lavender oil or eucalyptus oil to the mix. This will further boost its efficacy in repelling those pesky fleas away from your four-legged family members!
Use Diatomaceous Earth As ANatural Flea Control
Diatomaceous Earth (DE) is a natural and effective way to to rid your home of fleas. This non-toxic powder is made from sedimentary rocks that contain fossilized remains of diatoms, an ancient form of algae.
When applied to carpets, upholstery and other areas where fleas live, DE gently abrades the fleas’ protective coating and dehydrates them. As DE works it’s magic against these pesky critters, it doesn’t harm pets or humans in any way as long as as you don’t inhale it directly.
To get optimum results, sprinkle a very thin layer across carpets and rugs in infested areas then vacuum it up after several hours. Repeat this process once a week or until the flea problem is gone completely. For further safety measures, wear a mask while applying the powder and open windows for ventilation during use.
Fleas can be a nuisance and when it comes to removing them from the home, prevention is key. Utilizing some of these natural methods will ensure you have fewer issues with fleas in the future.